As the world continues to develop and grow and become less wild, areas that are preserving this wilder area and its activities are growing more and more popular. Costa Rica is considered one of the leading environmental areas in the world and are doing their part to preserve, protect and educate the public offer ecological tourism and adventure tourism which is in turn preserving the areas and their way of life.
As these wild areas are growing in popularity it is important for travelers to learn more about them as well as what to expect. Preparing for travel by learning about your destination is important no matter where you are traveling, but of utmost importance when leaving your own country. New laws, regulations, requirements and issues regarding your safety become a large factor in the success or failure of your trip as well. Bearing this in mind, we invite you to look a little closer at this popular and exciting area for travel and become a more informed and prepared traveler.
Safety Tips For Travel
- Avoid Becoming A Victim of Scam Artists By:
1.Never leaving your luggage unattended
2.Never giving to beggars but to the organizations who can help
3.Watching for pickpockets
4.Leaving valuables at home or in a safe
5.Never riding with strangers
- Be careful around the water and watch out for rip currents.
- If you have trouble while driving including a flat tire or begin bumped from behind, try to get to the nearest police officer and avoid stopping.
- Do not park on the streets if possible.
Further Travel Tips
- Know where you are going by getting a map or tour guide to help you.
- Exchange rates for money may fluctuate based on the establishment, choose a bank as your location for money exchange to ensure you avoid paying too much
- The Costa Rican currency is called Colon however, US dollars and major credit cards are widely accepted.
- Make sure you know whether you are required to have a visa upon entry as regulations vary.
- A valid passport is mandatory to enter Costa Rica.
- All visitors must have an entry and exit ticket
- You are allowed to drive with your normal drivers license for three months.
- We recommend using bottled water
- Outlets are 110 V
- Departure tax is $28.00
- Sales tax is 13%
Tradewinds Vacations encourages you to find the destination that you want to explore and learn more about it. Ensure that you make the most you can of your time and money by researching and learning more about the issues which may affect your travels and have the trip of your dreams.